Boost Your Mood
The cold weather is setting in, which means it’s time to haul your winter wardrobe out from under the bed and embrace darker evenings, comfort food, thermal socks and leather boots. However, glamour should never be forgotten during the cooler season and the health of our skin should be maintained at all costs; book yourself in for a nourishing fake tan to make sure that your summer sparkle doesn’t fade away even when the sun sets early and the sky is grey.
Walking into the office on a cold Monday morning can be upsetting if you let the weather get you down. Go for a weekend spray tan and you’ll feel uplifted and ready for the week ahead. Formulated to moisturise the skin and feed your body with luscious nutrients, a spray tan can be a once-in-a-while treat or a regular addition to your beauty regime. Although the pale and interesting look is favoured by many, a little extra colour can add a natural dash of brightness to your skin, which works well with winter clothing and fabrics like velvets, wools and corduroy.
Party season is just around the corner, which means it’s time to unleash your glad rags.You’ll feel extra special at every occasion and saunter your way into winter with a dash of show-stopping pizzazz and a whole lot of sparkle. Highlight your curves with a radiant sunless tan and feel confident revealing your skin in backless gowns, little black dresses and sleeveless ensembles – you can hide stretch marks, draw attention to your décolletage and create an even finish in moments.
Spray tanning a couple of days before Christmas will ensure that your golden tan looks rich and radiant for the season’s festive parties. However, we all get busy around this time of year so it can be tricky to squeeze a treatment in around our hectic schedules.
So when’s the earliest you can get a spray tan without it fading away before Christmas arrives? Anything up to five days before the big day should be fine as long as you make sure that you moisturise daily to retain your colour for as long as possible.
Try to moisturise as often as you can and your tan should stick around for up to seven days (or perhaps even longer). Take short showers to avoid a premature fade off and don’t visit the steam room or sauna as this can lighten a tan too early.
By the time Christmas arrives your colour should still be beautifully golden and balanced. However, if your tan has started to fade on areas like the hands, feet and face you can top up your colour at home using Express Tanning Mist with Q10. Simply spray onto lighter areas, blend in with a tanning mitt and allow the product to develop for two to four hours before washing off in the shower.
Prep, Prep, Prep
Your spray tanning appointment itself is quick and can be completed in as little as ten minutes which allows you the freedom to prep your skin to suit your schedule. Preparations can be done in advance and will smooth out the skin to give the best base for your spray tanning product.
1. Buff away dry skin before treatment with a gentle natural exfoliator. This will make your tan last much longer by revealing new skin.
2. Wax at least 24 hours before treatment, ideally 48 hours before to allow the pores to close.
3. Shave at least 24 hours before treatment and apply a rich moisturiser to replenish dry skin.
4. Moisturise generously the day before, ideally overnight. This will prevent dryness and provide the perfect tanning base.
5. Rinse off any products, perfume, oils, moisturisers and make up before attending your spray tanning appointment.
6. Dark, loose cotton and jersey fabrics and dark underwear without tight waistbands are ideal to wear before and after your spray tan. Some of the guide colour can be easily removed by tight fitting clothing so it is best to keep clothing loose.
7. If you are new to spray tanning, a patch test before your treatment is always recommended to ensure the tanning formula is suitable for your skin.
8. Take some hair ties along with you if you have long hair to keep the back of your neck and shoulders free.
9. If you have to run any errands after your spray tan, you can take deodorant to apply afterwards once your tan has set.
10. Applying nail polish to fingers and toes will help to protect the nails from any discolouration from the tanning product.
Thursday Tan Day
To help you achieve the perfect weekend glow, full body spray tans are 20% off each and every Thursday at Secret Beautique. That's only £20.00!
We stock a range of solutions from light to dark, your therapist will help you choose the correct shade for the occasion. The full range of aftercare goodies to prolong the results are available in salon. We run a late night on Thursdays, opening from 10am - 7:30pm. Thursday evenings are very popular so we highly recommend booking in advance, and Christmas appointments are disappearing at the speed of light.
Team Secret Beautique x